Monday, May 11, 2009

Let the eating begin...

This is exciting!

This is an awesome recipe that I have made 3 or 4 times since I found it, just a few weeks ago. The most recent time was last night, when I needed to eat mush because I just had two teeth pulled. It's delicious, and especially yummy when served with fresh bread, olive tapenade, and goat cheese if you like the dairy. And it's easy!

Chickpea and Rosemary Soup

3 tablespoons olive oil , plus additional for drizzling
8 cloves garlic , finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves , minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 cans (15 to 19 ounces each) chickpeas , rinsed and drained
4 cups vegetable broth (or 4 cups water and 2 vegan bouillon cubes)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Sea salt

In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat. Add garlic, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic starts to brown, about 1 minute. Add chickpeas and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes; let cool slightly.Transfer 1 cup of soup at a time to a blender (or use an immersion blender-much easier!) ; cover loosely and puree until just smooth. Return to saucepan. Repeat two more times. Stir lemon juice and salt into soup to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.

I found it here.

Yay, food!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought some dried chick peas, I am going to try it with those. I think I will attempt to make this next week, I have all the other fixins'. Yum. I heart chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MB, did you ever make this? I just made it again last night and continue to love it, but am wondering how it worked for you?

    ReplyDelete