I've had this recipe for Spiced Avocado Sandwiches (compliments of Martha) bookmarked for months and finally decided to give it a whirl on Thursday. Result = So Fantastically Delicious! Seriously, it tastes like Summer. Yum. I even made it a second time for myself two days later...
Spiced Avocado Sandwich
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce (I substituted 1 tbsp. of green salsa here)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large or 2 small radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 whole-wheat pitas (6 inches each), cut in half
- Halve and pit avocado. With a spoon, scoop out avocado flesh, cut into chunks, and transfer to a medium bowl. Add orange juice, Tabasco sauce, and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, and radish. Combine, and divide mixture between 2 pitas. Serve immediately.