At my favorite pasta place in the market, they give you a cute recipe with every purchase.
I was intrigued by this recipe but had to make a few changes. I used agave instead of honey, and tofu instead of chicken, and braggs liquid aminos instead of soy. We ate this warm the first day and cold the next, right out of the bowl with the fridge door open.
Pacific Rim Pasta Salad
1/2 LB pasta
1 large block firm tofu cubed
1/4 cup diced green onions
2 large bell peppers, bite size pieces
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup raw peanuts
1/4 cup olive oil (plus a little more for frying)
2 tbs white vinegar
1 tbs agave
3 tbs liquid aminos
1 tbs red chili flakes
1 tbs garlic minced
1 tbs ginger root, peeled and finely minced
1. combine sauce ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minns
2. cook pasta till al dente
3. fry tofu cubes in some oil till toasty brown on all sides
4. in a small pan, roast peanuts until fragrant, chop coarsely
5. in a large serving bowl add cooked/ or cooled pasta , tofu, green onions, peppers and sauce.
6. garnish with cilantro and peanuts