Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Watermelon Feta salad!!!!!!

I recently made this for a dinner party and it was a huge it. The perfect salad for hot hot days. The combo of watermelon and mint really cool your jets. 9 cups cubed seedless watermelon 1 cup feta 1/4 raw pepitas 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint 2 limes enough olive oil to go around ( really who measures olive oil?) coarse salt fresh ground pepper in a bowl mix pepitas with a nice shake of salt and pepper and about 1tb of olive oil. toast in oven at 300 for about 10 minn. In a large serving bowl layer the bottom with watermelon, then a sprinkle of feta, a sprinkle of mint, then pepitas, salt and pepper, a juice half a lime, and then a dash of olive oil. Keep repeating till ingredients have run out. Layering helps evenly distribute all the ingredients of the salad. Chill for a hour at least then enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have made this a few times over the years, it is great. I love the addition of the pepitas, I will have to try making it with them. I think I used slivered almonds. My mom made a watermelon salad with fresh mozzarella this year, I don't think it was as good as the feta.

    ReplyDelete