Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Simple Arugula Salad

I have a great love for arugula, maybe bordering on obsession, if one can be obsessed with a leafy green. I am always trying to invent new ways to incorporate it into my meals. Usually it takes the form of a salad since I think that is where it shines best! The other day I just happened to have arugula and another favorite of mine, beets. I threw this together with whatever I could find. The end product was pretty delicious.


For the Salad:
1 bag/bunch of arugula
1 apple (I used a pink lady)
3 small beets (I slice & roast them at about 375 with olive oil, salt & pepper, until soft or crispy!!)
Cheese (this time I used a Cheddar/Gruyere blend and it was a really delicious addition)
a handful of toasted almond slices


For the dressing:
Olive oil
1 lemon
white balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
a lil honey


The great thing about this salad is that it can be versatile, you can really throw anything in there and experiment with different vinegars, cheeses and nuts. I have made so many variations of this. Yay for salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment