Sunday, August 30, 2009

sleepy cabbage

Hi friends! Sorry I have been neglecting this blog! Work and school consumed me, not to mention I wasn't doing much cooking. I want to keep this going...which means everyone should post MORE:-) I have made up a few interesting dishes this week, i will post them soon.

I have been a lover of purple cabbage forever but in the past 2 months, I can't get enough of cabbage in general! I swear, I could eat it with every meal. I love it in coleslaw, in soup, in stir-fry! You name it, I'll eat it. I would love to find a good veggie stuffed cabbage recipe.....

For now here is an easy "coleslaw", I didn't follow a recipe, so you should just guess at the measurements!

photo by Esme

Half of a small green cabbage
Half of a small purple cabbage
Half of a red pepper
A few sprigs of fresh dill
A couple dill pickles (if you fancy)
Slice all of these things as thin as possible (which requires a sharp knife that I don't own!)
Then mix together:
half of a lime
some apple cider vinegar
dash of Braggs
Salt
Pepper
A small amount of agave nectar
A teaspoon of veganaise
Curry powder (if you fancy!)

Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix throughly. I think it tastes better if you let it sit over night and marinate. You can add onions, if you like too! Mmmm, cabbage!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! More cabbage! Thanks, MB! I can't enough of it either right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious. I'm still trying to find a good homemade kimchee recipe...

    ReplyDelete